I was tagged by hienny. I’m not going to be tagging anyone back because
I’m really self-absorbed and just want to talk about myself while not learning about other people this, and many other tag meme things have been going around for a while, and I’m too lazy to check all of my mutuals’ blogs and see who hasn’t been tagged yet. If no one’s tagged you and you kind of feel like talking about yourself, feel free to do the thing regardless, or hell, send me a list of 10 facts about yourself in my inbox, and I’ll appreciate learning more about you, regardless of whether I follow you. Anyway, here goes:
- I took tap dancing and musical theatre (just the dancing + lip synching) lessons for at least 2 years starting when I was around 10, and I can’t remember much about the experience at all, except for the fact that I joined the tap class late and was so bad at it that they brought in a special teacher just to help me catch up, and I took offense. I was really, really good at the lip synching thing for the musical theatre class though, and was even given a lip synching solo (with minimal dancing).
- I have a small scar on the knuckle of the index finger of my right hand from punching one of my childhood friend in the face when I was 8 and hitting her teeth cause her mouth was open. Her mom yelled at me and blamed me for any anticipated future dental problems that she (a single mother) surely wasn’t going to be able to afford.
- My hands and feet are disproportionately small compared to my height. Like, not freakishly or anything, but they’re the same size/smaller than a lot of my shorter friends.
- I haven’t been to the dentist since I was 5 because my dad is paranoid about them, and I’ve never had any tooth problems. I’ve been meaning to go since starting university, but I keep putting it off, and now my wisdom teeth are starting to inconvenience me.
- A couple of months ago, I downloaded a Google Chrome extension that blocks links from Upworthy from showing up on any of my social media feeds, and I’ve felt 57% less nauseous ever since.
- When I was 11 I was really into ABBA for some reason (like, I went out of my way to buy their studio albums and know all of these obscure songs of theirs) and by extension was really into Scandinavian culture (or as into it as I could be as an 11 year old with no internet access can be) and last night I met this girl who was actually from Norway and I was asking her questions about it and in the back of my mind I felt kind of weird cause I was like “whoa, I basically used to fetishize your culture”, but that was a fleeting feeling.
- I have a friend who recently bought a Hammond organ (or rather, magically acquired it for free) and I’m really excited about that, cause it’s one of the coolest sounding instruments ever + it’s basically a meme, because it’s an organ.
- I’m always unsure as to whether or not I should capitalize the word internet/Internet. I often get stuck on whether or not a noun is proper enough to be capitalized, and usually opt for leaving it in lowercase cause I don’t want to seem pedantic, or slowly morph into Jaden Smith.
- I used to be afraid of spiders but now I think they’re kind of majestic (after having lived with cockroaches). I keep telling people this, cause I’m kind of proud of it.
- I used to interpret “10 facts about me” as “10 abstract introspective tidbits about the things I can and have been” and I tried to work at giving actual everyday things instead this time, because I honestly find those more interesting (because you can usually guess at the rest, and even if you can’t that’s a conversation for a different day).